Fire Damage tips for New Haven area Homeowners
If you have experienced fire damage in your New Haven, West Haven or Hamden home, here are some important things to know before SERVPRO gets there:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage
- Place dry colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator and prop the doors open
- Wipe soot from the chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances then protect them with a light coating of lubricant.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting with SERVPRO
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service.
For more tips about Fire Damage, follow this link
These tips are important and will help you get back into your home as soon as possible. If you have any questions, call us at (203) 234-1100